for Education for Sustainable Development (ESD)
Global Goals at Stake
Teaching sustainability through play
The hybrid learning game
Board game and smartphone app
The game “Global Goals at Stake” combines challenges for 2 to 4 teams that contain hundreds of questions on various aspects of the SDGs and related actions.
Of great educational value are various dilemmas that require the group to discuss truly controversial topics that are actually more complex than they appear.
In addition to familiarising players with the SDGs, the game aims to promote critical thinking and argumentation, non-violent communication and an appreciation of the process of voting and negotiation.
For ESD teaching
- Use the educational game for your lessons as part of Education for Sustainable Development (ESD)
- Use the educational game to provide comprehensive background knowledge on sustainability and the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Use the advantages of the gamification approach for your lessons
- Adapt the duration of the game to the time you have available in class.
- Acquire practical and methodological knowledge in dealing with the educational game
What do learners take away?
More about the educational game
Facts & Figures
- from class level 6
- can be used across disciplines and topics
- can be used for language teaching
One game box contains:
- 3 boards
- 3 figure sets consisting of 16 playing pieces, 4 playing figures and 1 special dice